Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Who knew?


One of the great things about being a missionary, is how God allows you to see and do so many different things in life. I am just so delighted to be in N. Ireland, serving the Lord along side the husband that God blessed me with. I could have never imagined being able to do the things God has allowed me to do over the years. 

When I first started reading and learning about missionaries, a good friend gave me a book called "A chance to die" about Amy Charmicael. It was a wonderful book and opened my eyes to so many things, it let me see how one person can change the life of someone else that would one day change the life of so many.  

I now am living on the very island where Amy was born, where she heard Hudson Taylor speak about missions, where she decided to become a missionary. We live just an hour away from Millisle, the place Amy use to call home. 

Amy's life touched the heart of man like Jim Elliot, who inspired men across america to give their lives for the cause of missions. I wanted to share this Quote I found. I think it is a very touching and true statement.

While serving in India, Amy received a letter from a young lady who was considering life as a missionary, She asked Amy, "What is missionary life like?" Amy wrote back saying simply,

"Missionary life is simply a chance to die."

No comments: