Sunday, March 30, 2008

God is moving

These are some of our young people that got saved Friday night. God has truly been giving us answers to our prayers. We had 17 in our Sunday school, 26 in our service and 2 of them lost visitors. 
I was thinking back on the first couple of Friday night meetings, when I caught one of these boys smoking weed (blow it is called here) right out side our front door. I was so upset about it, not so much that he did it because that is what lost kids do. It was more of a longing in my heart and soul for them to get saved because I knew that this life style only ends one way, BADLY. 
I remember calling my sister when we got to the house and telling her about the kids and what had taken place, I was crying so much she could barely hear me. I asked God that night to help Stephen and I reach these kids, so that they would know people care about them, more importantly that they knew God loved them. God has answered prayer because four of these kids in this picture are now saved by the Grace of God and one of them is the kid I caught smoking weed that night.
If you could only hear me praise the Lord for the victory of these young men and lady's. 
I am just so plum full right now. 
These kids are amazing me, they asked if they could come to the house tonight (no school this week) and talk about getting baptized. So Lord willing, we will have a house full of teenagers learning what the bible says about being baptized. 
Please be in prayer for Stephen and I, we are in uncharted waters and we need the Lord to guide our every step. 

1 comment:

Austin Gardner said...

I think this makes it obvious that God is blessing your desire to serve Him. It is His work and He builds His church and He is doing so. I thank God for both of you, your love for the Lord, your desire and willingness to serve Him and for the way that He is blessing.

I have been telling everyone about what God is doing