Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Friend like Mark.

Mark, 
I know there is never a bad time to thank someone for what they have done for you. So I thought what better a time then your birthday when I have to be nice to you. 
Where to begin? That is a very good question. 
From the very start you have challenged what I have thought, in regards to missionaries, missionary service, and discipleship.  You have been an extraordinary example of what a Jonathan should look like. I was touched by the love you have for the Lord, your wife, the ministry, and for all those you work with or teach. 

When I first got to Peru I was out of place. I had no idea what I was good at or how God would use me there. You helped find a place for me to serve and learn. You made it clear I could be as involved as I wanted. You and Amy took time to mold me and scold me. You helped me see the importance of my two favorite words. I had never had people out side of John's family open up their home and lives and allow me to be a part. I never felt out of place at your home or in the way. You trusted me (well Amy did) to take Emily to the post office to get the mail. You let me do so many things I would have never imagined, I would do. Like the time we went to Chile with a group to mail Jason's things and we slept on the ground until the shipping yard opened. Wait, maybe you weren't with us on that trip.  
Mark you are sold out to reaching the world in our generation and it shines through to all those around you. I am so honored to know you let alone call you and Amy our friends. 
I have seen you work with Brother Austin, helping him do what God has called him to do. I know that he could not do it alone, God has blessed him with your help, your friendship and your loyalty. You have taught me so much, not necessarily what you have said but how you have lived. 
I have watched you work sunup till way past sundown, making every minute count. I was moved when to thought of Vision was coming to light and how Brother Gardner, you and all the men in the room would pray and plan, asking God to show you all where to go and what to do. Helping you all start Vision is one of the most special moments of my life. Being a part of what God has started doing in Alpharetta will not be forgotten. 
You have been a good friend to Stephen and I, we thank you and Amy for praying for us. We love you both very much and hope God continues to bless you and the ministries you are involved in. I know that God is going to do a mighty work through Vision and all the people there. 
Keep up the Good work. We are praying for you.


1 comment:

AmyCoffey said...

I sort of think he is great too :-)