Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What language is it anyway?

So have you worked with teenagers before? If you have you understand they have a language all their own. 
Stephen and I were getting ready to head to the church and we got a text message from one of the kids that got saved Friday night. I saw it first, I could not help but have a puzzled blank look come across my face. I then asked Stephen if he could understand the message. We even got out our laptop and tried to google text messaging codes to see if we could avoid the dreaded, I am old and just don't get it, talk. 
I mean can you all tell me what this means? (We're der nie) Ok we did get the first word pretty quickly. We are leaving in another country and some words mean different things. Can I just say that with every text I was thinking what language are they speaking? With words popping up like, tym, dat, oryt, and a phrase like TB Nii3. English was not my first guess. 
It has been fun learning a new language while we have been here. I do hope some writes TEXT Messaging for dummies soon, I know that I sure need it. 
Please pray for our meeting tonight, we are praying the teenagers come back. It has been two whole days and a lot can happen in a young persons life in two days. I will tell you all about it tonight. 

No comments: