Monday, April 7, 2008

Back at Faith

We arrived at church Sunday night excited to hear about the service sunday morning and how many of our kids were there. 
The report was good we had 13 show up for Sunday school and most stayed for the morning service. A missionary we know preached for Stephen Sunday morning and we had good comments on how things went. 
Sunday night we were a little on the slimmer side, although one of the girls came out all by her self, I was very proud of her for being there. It is really hard to be faithful when you do not have support in the home or from your peers. Praise the Lord for this young lady. 

The message Stephen brought Sunday night was a great encouragement to all of us. As most of you know when God is doing a good work and things are going well in the ministry the devil starts throwing trails at you left and right. The Lord really spoke to my heart through the message, "when weeks become years" out of the book of Daniel. He brought out how when we are facing trails it is hard to see an end to what is going on. So we have to put our faith in the Lord and understand that it will pass. It may not be in our timing but it will be in His. God does not give us more than we can handle. I was reminded of what Mrs. Betty once told me, about God counting us strong enough to handle the trail he is allowing us to go through. I guess what point I am trying to make is, I am glad that God thinks I am strong enough to handle what is going on, even if at times it doesn't feel that way.

No comments: