Friday, April 18, 2008

Mixed Emotions

My stomach is just turning with butterflies right now. I am excited about going home to see my family and friends. I am also looking forward to sharing what God has and is doing here in the hearts of the people, as well as share the vision and desire God has put in our hearts for this place and all the people here. 
Tonight is going to be very hard for me. I will be saying goodbye to our Friday night teens. I am just wrecked about leaving them. I have grown to really love these kids. They have been a pain in the neck at times but they have also stolen a piece of my heart. I see myself in them so much. The trails I grew up with as a child and the pain of not knowing exactly where I fit in the scheme of things. Some the things they are facing, I remember so well others I have tried to forget. "For such a time as this" Esther 4:14. Every situation in my life has helped me prepare for the ministry God has called us to. I am so glad preparation time is not wasted time.
Watching them grow over the last few months has truly been amazing. I wish you could have seen they way they used to come to the church all big and bad, with a flip you attitude. Now most of them come in with a you really must care about me side showing through. 
How do I put into words what God has done here. Not only in the lives of these kids but in my own heart. 
I came to the place willing to serve where ever I could and not really knowing where that would be. Then God took my life and showed me just how much I could be of help. Not only to Stephen but also to the ministry to which he has been called. Oh how I praise the Lord and thank him for allowing me to see my past used for his glory. I am so grateful God gave us this opportunity. 

3 comments:

Austin Gardner said...

I think it is absolutely wonderful that God has allowed you guys to see so much and to take part in so much in such a short time. I will be praying for you and want you to know that as a friend and pastor I am very proud of you

AmyCoffey said...

Hey April, I know it is going to be difficult to leave, I am praying for you. I am very proud of you, you have done an awesome job there, I think it is just a small glimpse of the future ministry God has for you and Stephen. See you soon.
Love ya

April Baker said...

Thank you for the comments. It is difficult to leave and I thank God for allowing us to be here.