Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Slemish Mountain

 Stephen and I took a couple of hours today to drive around the country side and pray that the Lord would show us the place he would have us go. 
While we were out we stopped off to see the legendary Slemish Mountain. 
Probably, you have heard of a man, most people refer to as, Saint Patrick.  According to legend he tended herds as a boy here on the lower slopes of Slemish Mountain. 

It was a breathtaking view that is for sure. As I stood there looking out onto the villages below, I couldn't help being moved by the sheer awe of what God has done for me. He suffered, died and rose again so I would have the opportunity to except him as my saviour. 
If that was enough he gave me the privilege to tell others about him and all he had done in my own life.
"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;...." 1 Cor 15 v.10a 
It is very humbling to be here sharing with people what God has brought me out of. I am so honored to be able to share all that God has taught me along the way. 

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13-14

I want to honour God by being the help meet he has prepared me to be to my husband. God has given Stephen such a wonderful vision to see the U.K. reached with the gospel, so that once again they would become a great sending nation of the gospel into all the world. I am just so thankful to be able to share with him all that God has called him to do. We press toward the mark.

No comments: