Thursday, July 3, 2008

Provoked, you say......

Like most of us, I read blogs and lots of them. 

So this morning I was reading Brother Tony's blog, on being provoked. It really made me think about the times I have been provoked in life. So I wanted to share one of the times with you and with him. 

Sometimes in life we have an effect on someone and we never know it. I have had somethings taking place in my life lately and it has really been impressing me to share with people, now what they mean to me or how they have made an impact on my life. 

Brother Tony & Mrs. Stacey, 

I remember the day you provoked me, to think about what God really had for my life.
How you sat across the table at John's house surrounded by young men hanging on your every word.
As I listened, my mind was wondering about how God was going to use them and how great it must be to go and tell people about the Lord. I looked around the room at their young faces and thought about where the Lord would send them, Africa, Asia, India ect...

I thought about how much God had done for me and I wished one day God would use me to reach someone for him. I thought about where I had come from and just how much my life had changed. How such a short time before I was sitting around a table much like this, surrounded by so called friends wasting my life in sin. I thought about, how God had changed everything in the last few months; my friends, my home, my job, not one part of my life was left untouched by the loving hand of our Lord and that's when you said it.

"So when are you going to Peru?" What a question. Man o man, I was caught so off guard, so surprised. One because you noticed me and pointed me out of the group, two because I didn't know that anyone would want someone like me to go.
As I stammered for the words, searching for something in my brain to come out of my mouth, while everyone was starring waiting to see what I would say. I am sure John was a little nervous, my foot and mouth disease was really bad back then.

I honestly don't even remember what finally made it's way out. I do however clearly recall what made it's way in, God sent the holy spirit to prick my heart and sew a seed of hope within me that God could use someone like me. That he saved me for a purpose and that I was starting to see for the very first time that he was lining things up for him to use my life, in a way that only he could.

Oh, how that seed of hope would be watered in the days to come. I just get plum excited when I remember that day. When I think about how God moved in and began to rearrange my plans, for his plans, for my life.

How God in heaven would provoke me to action. How I would start going to mission conference's for the fun of it,  how I would enjoy learning in bible classes, how he would change the way I dressed, my music and I wouldn't care. So much had already changed in my life and the great part is it is still changing today. 

I don't know exactly all he has planned for us and I pray he will use Stephen and I to provoke others to action for the cause of Christ, the way God used you and Mrs. Stacey to provoke me and so many others along the way. 

We love you both very much.

Stephen & April

No comments: