Friday, July 4, 2008

Being from the peach state down here in the south, when the 4th of July rolls around we know its time for about 50,000 people to, wake up before dawn, put on their running shoes and head off to the marta stations, highways and byways to swarm downtown Atlanta for a race called the Peachtree Road race, where everyone may not know your name, but they at least got your number.  

So today my family and I are headed off to see just how well we finish our race today. If we finish, I mean when we finish, we receive a T'shirt.  Now, to my knowledge this shirt is like any other tee you might come across in your travels, with one very big difference you have to cross the finish line before you to receive this trophy of what you have just accomplished. 

I am so glad I didn't have to stand in line to receive the gift of salvation. I am also glad that when I finish my race in life I know the prize is that I lived my life for and in the high calling of God through Christ Jesus.  That is the greatest Trophy I could ever have and one day I pray to hear the word's "Well done". 

I may not finish the peachtree in first place but at least I ran the race. So if you are reading this blog you may want to think about what kind of race you are running in life. Are you running to win fame or fortune? Maybe the race you should be really running in life is to see how many people you can tell about the God in heaven that sent is son to die for you and I, who gave us the strength to run any kind of race at all. 

"Well done" what are you waiting to hear at the end of your life's race?

No comments: