Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Good Friends.......... like these

Okay, When I first meet Martin and Carrie, the day we landed in Northern Ireland I was a lot nervous and honestly just plan scared. Although, I tried to cover it, I am just one of those people that wear their emotions all over their face, which I am going to have to work on being in the ministry. So I am sure the only one I was fooling was myself. 

From the very start we hit it off well with the Wickens Family. They are extraordinary people with a great love for the Lord and desire to reach the people of the British Isles and the world with the truth of the Gospel. 

It was so exciting to hear Martin and Stephen talk about ways to reach the Island. It was also sad listening to Martin explain how there are churches all over the country that have no Pastor and no prospect of one. 

Martin is doing a great work over in Newtownabbey with the young and old a like. The people of his church just adore all of them. They are respected in the community and they have a great relationship with fellow believers. 

It really was such a blessing to share a part of their lives and the work they are doing in N.I.. Martin and Carrie opened every part of their life up to us while we were there. They let us live in their home, work in their church, shared their friends, and let us drive their car (if you knew how we drive you'd really understand that one) put us on their insurance. 

Carrie helped me a just to the culture and truly I have never meet a more acclimated missionary wife then Carrie, she was such an example of how to adapt to your surroundings, food, weather and the people. I don't know how she does everything. She is definitely on my list of Proverbs 31 ladies, I want to learn from. 

I can not explain what a tremendous blessing they have been to us. Our time in Northern Ireland was exciting, educational, and gave us evidence of where the Lord is leading. 

I don't really know who reads my blog but the Lord does, so that being the case I would like to say this. If you or anyone you know would like to have a part in a ministry that is helping to reach people just like you and I. People who need a friend, people who need to know someone cares about them, people who are lost and need to know that there is Father in heaven that loves them, not because of who they are but because of who he is. 

Then Martin and Carrie Wickens are the missionaries for you. I know they have a web site that has all their information on where to send financial support and we know where to send the prayer support already, so give them a google and learn a little bit more about this great couple and how the Lord is using them in Northern Ireland. 

I am so thankful God gave us the opportunity to meet Martin and Carrie, as well as work and live in N. Ireland. It was a life changing time for us in so many ways. We just Praise the Lord for allowing us to be part of what he is doing there at this time. 

1 comment:

Austin Gardner said...

I read everything you write