Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Beware of the fool

April Fool's Day

Even though I feel like it sometimes, no, I was not named after this holiday. You might be wondering what brought this up because it is the end of February.

I was reading in Proverbs 26 today and I began to reflect on just how many times I have allowed myself to "Answer a fool according to his folly,..." v.5a.

You may know what I am talking about. Someone is being foolish in their actions towards you or maybe towards someone else you love and without hesitation  you respond in the flesh. While, justifying it within your self of course. 

I am the first to admit how foolish I have been over the years, just bursting out with comments and being critical. It just upsets me so when people I know and love don't stand up when they didn't do anything wrong and are being abused or taken advantage of by the fools of this world.

As I look back on many of those situations I can see how they were not giving the fool what he wanted. I am also more aware of how many times I have.  

The prayer I have today for myself and for all of you, is that God would make clear the fool and his folly. That we may honour God with the way we handle the events that unfold in our lives. 

God help us all to be a better withness to the people around us.

2 comments:

HollyPearson said...

Hey April~
I just wanted to let you know that I have been keeping up with you guys on your blog(s), and I am so thrilled at the opportunity the Lord is giving you to work there, and the things He has done so far in your lives and ministry. We are praying for you, and we love you both very much!

April Baker said...

Holly,
Thank you so much for reading the blog. I was gladly surprised to receive your comment, I at least I know someone is reading it. It is an encouragement and blessing. Praying for ya'll and love you both.