Thursday, February 21, 2008

The big wheel

This looks like a ride you might find at a fair in the states with a couple of differences, it is about 3 times the size and 1/2 the speed. The car or unit you board will set six and is completely enclosed. I am not normally afraid of heights, although when we got to the top and they stopped the wheel I have to admit I was nervous. I sure was glad I had Stephen up there with me.

We enjoyed the view, as we looked out onto the city of Belfast and it's over 300,000 people. As the city lights stretched out as far as the eye could see. It reminded us so such much of Arequipa, when we would go to the top of the city and pray for the lost souls there. As we reminisced about all the people and places we each had the oppurtunity to see while we were there, God reminded us how fortunate and blessed we were, to be given this chance to make a difference in the world. We never want to waste the time God has given us on this earth. 
Sometimes we are given these brief moments in time to help us recall what is truly important.  

No comments: