Thursday, February 7, 2008

Knowing your loved,

Makes all the difference.

Oh how true that is. If you love me, you can say just about anything and I won't hate you. I might get my feelings hurt that you see some sort of bad quality in me, I hadn't seen in myself yet. 

Being the independent person I am. I have at times felt like I haven't needed anyone, I could do everything myself. Weather that was true or not I thought it. So I had a friend, a very good friend lay it on the line for me one day, in front of his wife of course. That I couldn't do everything myself. Just came out and said exactly what I needed to hear. 

Now I didn't say I wanted to hear what he had to say, I needed to hear what he had to say. I listened and took it to heart, not because it was so profound but because he loved me. I knew he and his family loved me so when he called me on the carpet about something, I took it in.  I knew he was trying to help me grow not only as a person but in the Lord.  

To be honest if the same thing had been said by someone else I could have cared less, but this man and his wife had shown me that I meant something to them, I counted, I was a part of their home and family; therefore what they said meant something to me.

I thank God for the people he uses to help us grow. 




No comments: