Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's in the Ministry

On Father's Day,  I have a ton of men that pop up as father figures in the ministry. I thought I would share some of them with you and most likely they are a father figure to you. 

John Pearson and his family are very precious to me. They knew me before I knew Jesus so you can imagine the history that we share. The thing is they loved me from the very start. I was a hard shell to crack so it took some time invested to see any results from their acts of kindness. The little things made the most difference. 
One of my favorite memory's is when I got saved and John came up to me and said "Write this date down in your bible, the devil will try to steal it from you." I nodded and that was it. Then a couple of years later after the devil tried stealing it from me, I remembered what he said. Oh, there have been a million times the Lord has used John and Sandy to help me deal with some dozes' in life. Some times they didn't even know they were helping, I would see how they lived, they made me a part of the family , through that God allowed me to see changes I needed to make in my own life. 
Another thing that really brings back memories, is when I asked if the girls could spend the night at my house. Honestly, I thought they would say no. So when they said yes, I was so honored I got to take care of there girls. It was a huge blessing and encouragement that John and Sandy trusted me that much.
I could go on and on about the Pearson's, I love them with all my heart. 

I really have been blessed to have some great father figures in the ministry. Brother Austin, Brother Tony both of these men, on more then one occasion have given me my fare share of correction but never without an equal or greater amount of love to back it up. 
Good Night, I have seen these men flat on their faces praying for the world, in a room full of young men, hoping God would touch the hearts of men in that room, in america and the world. Asking God to move men to action to get the gospel to a lost and dying world.  
I have had them ask me tough questions I didn't know the answer to. Just to see if I would try and figure it out. I have seen rooms moved by the love these men have for the ministry and for those that work in it with them. Really, there is not a way to fully describe how it feels to know that you work with such great men of God or Men of a Great God. 

Mark Coffey, is not old enough to be a father figure to me, but he as been a great brother figure and since he is a dad. I wanted to say how much the friendship I share with him and Amy, has ment to me over the years. You both have ... well you are ... I can't even find the words that express just how much, Stephen and I love you two. When we need you, you are there, when we say we don't need you, you are there. So we wanted to say thank you for that. Amy and Steph are the sister's he never had and Mark and Trent are the brother's that drive you to do more. 
Thank you guys. 

Happy Father's day to all of you. Please know that you have more people thinking about and praying for you today than you think. 

1 comment:

John Pearson said...

April

You will never know what a blessing you have been to us. Your life and testimony are living proof of what God does when we yield to Him and trust Him with everything. It is so good to see you serving the Lord and faithfully going where He leads. May the Lord richly bless you and Stephen. We love you guys very much.

John & Sandy