Sunday, June 29, 2008

A breaking heart.

Do you remember the post about the girl who cut herself? 

I don't know how to start. My heart is breaking a bit today. I heard from the young lady, she is 14 now, that cut herself after one of the meetings. 

Have you heard about facebook or that kind of thing, well they have something in Northern Ireland kind of like it, called bebo. So before I left for the states, I signed up for this so the kids could have a way to keep me up dated and I could see how they were doing. 

Well, I got a message that made me bust into tears. Stephen, was so worried someone died or something. It read simply, "Miss yohoo :) ". Oh, how my heart is hurting, thinking of that little girl. 

I didn't realize how much those two simple words could mean to me. She didn't say she missed the pizza or the games, she missed me.
 In my heart I know it really isn't me at all that she is missing, it is the love of Jesus Christ that she saw through me. 
Oh, how I miss her and the other kids. I miss the way they would wind me up during our Friday night outreach. I miss them coming to the house to talk about the Lord. I miss them telling me about their day. I miss them playing ping pong with Stephen and singing songs on a Saturday morning after visitation. 
I miss the way they would tell me what their teachers said about america or how they would ask if I knew 50 cent ( a raper in LA somewhere I think). I miss hearing them run up the stairs for sunday school. I miss correcting them when they say bad words, or asking them not to smoke in the hallway.  It is the million little things I miss most. 

I miss them so much.  I have not talked a lot about them since I got back mostly because it hurts so bad not knowing what is happening to them. I praise the Lord for the 10 that got saved while we were there and my heart breaks for the ones that are still lost. 

I am praying that we get back to Northern Ireland soon. Not just for this young girl and these kids but for all of them. They all need a Sister or Brother that cares about them, someone that will tell them about a Father who loves them more then they could ever imagine. 

Please pray for this young lady, she is still lost and looking for the piece to the puzzle of life, only God can fill.

No comments: