Thursday, August 21, 2008

Stay on Course




Over the past week, I have really been thinking about the importance of staying on course. 

In these pictures you see the airstrip to the left and a photo of a small branch stuck in the wing about two feet in. 

Two feet off course that is all it took for my grandfather to loose control of his plane and loose his life. 

I started thinking about my own course in life. Am I off course some where? Am I still in the race? Two feet. That's it. 

We think we can do this or that and it is not really a big deal but it could be, that one thing that turns your world upside down along with everyone else's. 

I asked myself what course am I on really? Am I on the course God has set before me am I running the race that He has asked me to run? Maybe I started out on course and I have started to drift away from it. Two feet. Some times that is all it takes for your race to be over. 

I want to finish the race God has given me and stay the course that is before me. I know this with out him that is impossible because he is my compass, my guide, my everything. Just how you can not fly a plane with out the right instruments, you can not stay on course with out the word of God to guide us. 

Life goes by in an instant. My grandfather didn't realize he was off course till it was to late. 

I don't want my life, the vapor it is, to be over and stand before God and not have stayed the course he set before me. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

April, I am amazed that you have allowed GOD to use a personal tradegy to help others. what a powerful devotion this is and how many people will be affected by this. I know I am. Love ya, be safe in China!
Sherry P

Anonymous said...

Hola Abril, que bueno saber de ti, me alegro mucho.

Bueno, yo aquí en Arequipa, estoy apoyando en mi Iglesia B. Fe, trabajando con señoritas, y con las clinicas en las iglesias, ahh tambien tengo mi blog puedes ver www.mujermisionera.wordpress.com.

Tu amiga Marisol