Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's a small world...

After all.

Last night the Lord gave me the opportunity to speak at a ladies meeting in Ooltewah, TN for the first time. They have been such faithful supports through their giving and prays, it was an honour to get to know them better. 

As the Pastor,  his wife (Bro. Gene Hooker and Mrs. Bessie) and I introduced ourselves we realized what a small world it really is. Turns out Bro. Gene was a Rock of Ages man for over 25 years, so of course we knew some of the same crowd of people. The more we talked the more we thought about friends and places we had in common. I told him my home church during that time and he fondly remember Bro. Landy and Mrs. Rita, John and Sandy, and our little church on the hill. He said he really enjoyed our church and the people there and it was a real blessing to see them in the new building. 

It was an encouraging time in the Lord. I  meet the Ladies and had a wonderful bit to eat. God allowed me to share from my heart about Ireland, the times we spent there, the people we meet and give God the glory for the souls saved during those four months.

I shared a lesson about overcoming bitterness, kindly shared and written by Teri Snode (Thank you Teri),  that had really helped me to see bitterness for what it was and how it effected my life, others and warnings signs to avoid becoming bitter. 

The lesson really helped me to grow closer to the Lord and see that there is just so much more we can do with our time then be bitter, be it bitterness toward someone I love that has hurt me or bitterness toward the Lord over a problem I am facing. God wants us to have a life full of Joy and yes sometimes some trails come along the way, maybe so we can remember and embrace the sweet times just a little more and forebear the bitter ones a little easier. 

The ladies seemed to really get a lot out of the lesson. At different times each lady let me know just how much they enjoyed me being there and more importantly how much they needed that lesson. They shared some their hearts and some situations taking place in their lives. I am grateful it was blessing to them. The Lord always knows what we need to hear. 

Some thing that was a blessing to me. Was the young ladies involved in the meeting. Some of the girls are as young as 11 & 13, helping to set up and coordinate the speakers, meals, read the minutes form the meetings. It truly was a wonderful example of the older women training the younger.  

I praise the Lord for the great meeting and the fellowship. 

No comments: