Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Praying for Friends

As I read the blogs, emails and websites I am reminded to pray for my dear friends on the field. All of us want to know how to pray for those who we care about and the work that they are doing.

God knows the hearts of man, may he help me to pray with the heart of my friends and loved ones. I want to hurt when they hurt, to be excited when they are excited, to have a longing to be with them as they serve.  Though I may not be able to leave the position that God has placed me in to go where they are, I am able to intercede for them at the throne of grace. 

What a blessing to be able to pray for millions, to ask God to do something mighty in the lives of other servants working for his glory. I challenge you to ask God to do a work in the life of a missionary, a pastor, layman in the church, a godly saint of the Lord, and not tell anyone except the Lord your prayer, then watch God do a work and give him the glory.  

No one may ever know that you prayed for them, that God heard your prayer and did a work through you. God knows what you have done and he knows your heart our goal here on earth is not to seek honor and glory for ourselves, it is to glorify him. 

Truly it will bless your soul to see God working in ways that marvel man. 

No comments: