Sunday, April 12, 2009

Make time for who is important

 I have to remember to make time for God. It doesn't always come easy. You have clothes to wash, dishes to do, food to cook, ect. When you sit down to read and take in some quality time with God what happens, the phone rings, there's a knock at the door, you see where I am going with this. 

We, meaning I, need to stop and remember what is important, most important in my life and that is the Lord and my walk with him. It will effect everything, the love, affection and most of all respect I have for my husband; the way I treat and talk to my friends and family. 

If I do not seek him everyday I am distant or disconnected with him I feel ashamed and embarrassed that I waited so long to talk to Him that there is an awkwardness between us. I love God for all sorts of reasons, because he loved me when I was unloveable, when I didn't even love myself, He loved me so much he gave His son to the cross so that I might be saved from the world and myself. 

Oh, how can I not long to spend time with such a God. 
So many times I race through our time together when I should be taking in ever moment and word. Don't freak out at what I am about to say. What if instead of feeling it is my duty, which it is (study to show thyself approved), I read God's word as if it were the last time I would ever be able too. The last time I could see his written word, the last time I could allow myself to get swept away with wild adventures of Paul and David or when Esther made her appeal to the king, Jonathan's loyal friendship, Mary and Joseph's testimony and faithfulness to the will of God for their lives and Jesus Himself. 

What if I told those who don't know him, what I've read and learned with the same enthusiasm as a new electronic or movie that just came out. What kind of difference would that make not only to the people I've told but the walk I have with Him.  

Just a thought



No comments: